Wednesday 11 July 2012

twinkle twinkle little brat


 By the time you finsh reading this blog and looking at these pictures youll have a fair idea of the kind of kid my little dylan is
yip you guessed it  a troublesome one , noisey,mishcevious , fullof life and discovery
 his nickname is demolitian dylan and it suits him very well 
on this given day he had gotten in to my scrapbook supplies and tipped out / eaten a tube full of glitter while i had popped to the loo and was caught glitter handed right in the middle of it all
 i couldnt help but go and get my camera  im always looking for oppurtunities to embrasses my kids at their 21st and when they have their own children (does that make me a mean mummy ?)

i like my titles to reflect the theme of my page and a good friend came up with this one that fitted just perfect


 Now i'll admit to being a scrapbooking horder but wheni geta new product i canthelp but use it on the latest layout which is this case was flower buttons and red glitter ribbon
I knew istantly that the red ribbon would work wonders with this theme and also came accorss the silver stars which thought might work somehow  ( looking back i think i could have done without them but i do like the charector they add )
The flower buttons thankfully happened to be in the right colour scheme and by layering them one on top of the other  i managedto get in all the colours i wanted without making the page to cluttered
in this case  i used the number 2 button as an age indicator instead of a date
and by grouping a few tags together i managed to create a area for my journalling aswell


 poor boy will never live this day down and im sorry for him but there are plenty more of where these came from
and when im old and his children are causing him chaos and he reminds me that he was never like them as a child i will happily pull out these pictures and remind him he was just as bad as they are  but we still kept him anyways because without it all he just wouldnt be the dylan we know and love

 The colours of this paper worked so well with that of the photo and provided me with everything i wanted in just one piece of paper and a few scraps
I work slightly backwards when i scrapbook i take inspiration for my pages from my embellishments and work outwards
for this page it was as simple as the stamp id just aquired YOU MAKE MY HEART SING
instantly i thought of wild thing and seeming dylan is such a whirlwind of a child always into one thing or another and constantlybeing refered to as monster it worked rather well
 The first thing i did on this page was the journalling and the rub on words to express the fun and delight of this day 
I then stamped my stamponto the orange paper and worked outwards from there arranging my remaining papersand photos
I seem to work this way often which i guess is bizzare but for some reason it works for me


I find we often getto caught in trying to work the page around the photos and not always coming up with what we had invisioned so this way you eliminate that and make the pictues fit the page once youve decided your other elements

I love doing these each year  jotting down the likes , dislikes , favourite things , funny traits or big events of that year for each kid
It dosent have to big a big long statement just a few quick words that will bring back the memories of that time
Youd be suprised the changes in just one year

No comments:

Post a Comment